CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Shadow Box Family Tree



I thought it would be nice to have a little family tree in our house to teach our daughter how we all became a family. I didn't want any old boring flat paper surface family tree, so I thought a Shadow box would be great.

I found an 8x10 black Shadow box on sale at Michael's, it worked perfectly!

Next, my daughter and I went out to the orchard to gather the perfect sticks for our tree.

With my Martha Stewart leaf punch and light green scrap booking paper I begun punching out leaves for each family member. On each leaf I wrote a family members name.

Finally, with scrap booking sticky dots I placed the sticks in the formation of a tree and carefully arranged the leaves to create our family tree.

This was a very quick project that both my daughter and I enjoyed and a wonderful learning experience as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment