CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Now This Is Summer!

It seems that our days have been filled up with taking care of the items for our new house. As I looked at the calendar I realized that my summer vacation is almost over. Where has all the time gone? The many trips to the loan officer, the Title Company, numerous trips to decorating stores and the Billions of trips to Home Depot have eaten up most of my time. And I wonder why I seem so tired lately, Gee I think I just discovered the answer!

I declared that yesterday was a day for just my daughter and I to enjoy what ever she wanted! It was great! We snuggled on the couch watching Dora for about 45 minutes then it was her request to have waffles, so away we went to the kitchen to begin our waffle making!

Ava received a pair of princess roller skates for her third birthday and has been dying to try them out. I figured what do I have to loose? A broken arm, possibly a broken leg, a missing tooth, scratched up face, oh what the heck she has to learn sometime. So I quickly said a prayer on off we went. I strapped on her knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist braces, and finally the skates. Heck, there was only about 4 inches of her body exposed there wasn't much that she could hurt. We started in the house so she could get the hang of it, and that she did. She was now ready to move outside, oh Lord help us!

Yeah!! She did it, she is much braver than I ever was at her age and I have to credit that to my husband. As a child I was always one who thought everything out before I did anything. What might possibly happen? How bad would it hurt, etc. Not my daughter she is ready for anything!

We came in for a little snack and then it was time for a nap. I think I needed one more than she did! We wrapped up the day playing babies, and dress up, and finally making one of her favorites for dinner; Mexican corn cakes. Her dad was very impressed to find out she had learned to roller skates and helped make a yummy dinner!

We had a fabulous day together! We didn't let anything get in our way! I am so glad that something helped remind me of the things that are most important, family. I need to remember that our remodel project will be fine if I take a little break for a while but my daughter will only be little once. I hope all of you have a wonderful day with your loved ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment