Tuesday, July 5, 2011
This is one of my husband favorite burgers and I must admit I like it too!
What You Need:
1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large sweet onion
1 sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced
12 thin slices provolone cheese (about 6 ounces)
3/4 pound whole-wheat Italian bread, cut into 6 pieces and sliced in half horizontally Pepperoncini
1. Form ground sirloin into 6 equal-size patties and refrigerate.
2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook 5 minutes over medium
heat, stirring occasionally. Add pepper and mushrooms and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Heat gas grill to medium-high or coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray
4. Grill burgers for 3 minutes per side, covered, or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Turn off heat and place 2 slices of cheese on
top of each burger. Cover and wait a few minutes until cheese melts.
5. Place burgers on Italian bread with onion and mushroom mixture spooned over top. Serve with pepperoncini, if desired.
Today I'm linking up with these great blogs, check them out!
Not Just A Housewife
A Diamond in the Stuff
Sugar Bee Crafts
A Silly Little Sparrow