CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sunflowers everywhere!




These wonderful sunflowers were created by my great students. I love living & teaching in a small rural community. I have a very short commute to work and I enjoy my scenic drive through fields of sunflowers, rice, tomatoes, wheat, and much, much more. I believe that agriculture is a major part in our communities survival, I try to make an effort to teach my students about agriculture, focusing on at least one commodity a month. The students have really jumped in and become very engaged in their quest to learn about agriculture. Of course what fun would school be if we didn't have art, it helps to jazz up our classroom as well. This month we have been learning about rice and sunflowers. This past Friday we created these great sunflowers, I found a similar project from "The crafty Crow" and added my own twist. The center of the sunflower is made from Rice, which the students painted black, the petals are the students hand prints, and the stems are made from rolled up poster paper. I love they way the add a little fun to the hall of our schoolhouse! Stay tuned for next weeks art!

1 comments:

Emily Call said...

Cute blog you have so far. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

Post a Comment