Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kylee's birth story

We'd had a very productive Sunday.  I vacuumed, dusted, swept, mopped floors, finished all the laundry and then went outside to help the hubby.  The hubby, Miss Ava and I worked on organizing the garage, pulling a few weeds and then came in for some much needed showers.  I'd invited my parents down for a simple BBQ and some yummy dessert!  We all ate and then chatted a bit before calling it a night. 

I was exhausted and fell asleep quickly, however my rest didn't last long.  At 12:45 am Monday, April 2nd I started having contractions.  The contractions were coming consistently every hour but weren't lasting too long.  Needless to say when the alarm went off at 4:30 am; I was not well rested.  Thinking that the contractions were going to go away I got up and started getting ready for work.  I made it to work with the contractions still coming every hour but getting a little more intense and lasting longer.  I warned our school secretary when I first got to work that I'd been having contractions.  Of course all my co-workers thought I was crazy for coming to work but I kept thinking it was nothing. I taught all morning and when lunch time rolled around (12:00 pm) my contractions went from being about every 45 minutes to every 25-30 minutes apart.  It was then that I realized these contractions were not going to go away!

I made it till 2:10 pm and finally went to the office to tell the secretary that I thought it was time for me to leave.  The contractions were much more intense and I was starting to have back labor which was very uncomfortable!  There was only 50 minutes left of school but I couldn't do it or I didn't believe that I could do it!! At this point I was beginning to worry about delivering in the very rural community that I taught at; which meant the fire department would be delivering my baby or delivering on the side of the road.  I quickly gathered up my stuff and headed out the door while my students were at recess.  I drove myself home which was about 15 minutes away on very rural country roads.  I just kept praying let me deliver this baby at the hospital!

Yeah, I made it home where my husband was finishing the pluming in our newly remodeled bathroom.  He was worried about not being able to finish before we needed to leave the hospital.  I told him not to worry get it done then get in the shower.  I still needed to get a few things packed in my bag for the hospital.  The hubby worked quickly completed the bathroom, took a shower, and then got a bite to eat before we left for the hospital.  We left the house about 6:05 and still had a half hour drive to the hospital.

Once we arrived at the hospital we checked in and I was placed on the monitor for an hour.  In that hour I had progressed on centimeter.  I then got up and walked around for another hour, the contractions where consistent and coming about every 5-7 minutes.  I was tired and needed to rest.  I went back to lay in the bed for a bit to try and rest but the pain was to frequent and I was very uncomfortable.  A few hours passed and around 10:20 mom my arrived at the hospital.  From this point on things seemed to moved very quickly.

Just as with my first little girl the nurses began flipping me to try to get the baby in a better position, her heart rate was dropping.  I have to thank the great nurses for keeping me calm and explaining what was going on, within a few minutes they had everything under control and her heart rate was back to where it needed to be.  Unfortunately the scare was not over, my blood pressure dropped drastically and they had to immediately give me a shot to bring it back up.  By this time I was tired and wanted the pain to go away, I quickly asked for an epidural, they called in the doctor who began to start getting me ready for an epidural.  The doctor was great and it didn't take long however within minutes I felt a tremendous amount of pressure.  They nurse was getting ready to start a catheter but found that there was not time for one I needed to push this baby was coming now!! 

I was very lucky and only had to push for about 10 minutes before our beautiful baby girl was born. At 12:41 am on April 3rd Miss Kylee Kay joined our family at 6lbs. 4oz and 18 3/4 inches long

 My precious little girl just moment after delivery!

Once in our own room we were able to get some rest before your visitors began to come see our new beautiful baby.

Here are a few photos of some of your visitors.

The first moment your Big Sister saw you!

 Ahh, she is in love~ The memories you two will share . . .




Of course there were many other visitors who came to meet you at the hospital and once we were home as well.  

Mommy, Daddy, and Big Sister we so excited for you to join our family!  Miss Kylee you are the perfect addition to our family and we are so blessed to have you in our lives!



Sonya said...

She's a doll! I love how excited big sister is!

Post a Comment