CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Photo Frame

The weather was absolutely beautiful this weekend and today it is cold and rainy, oh well at least we were able to enjoy it while it lasted. We had lots of family and craft time over the weekend. Miss Ava of course was a big helper with many things. We got all 32 of her valentines wrapped, and ready for the big school party today! She was so proud of all her hard work as was mommy!












I was able to get many projects completed yesterday as well. Here is the Valentine photo frame that I made. It was quit easy. I purchased a frame at Target on clearance for $2.99 and the rest of the supplies I had at home.


Step 1:
With a hot glue gun I glued the thin black and white ribbon on the outer edge of the frame.




Step 2:
Again using the hot glue gun I glued the thick red ribbon inside the inner edge of the photo frame.




Step 3:
Next I took fabric scraps that I had and made fabric rosettes.

Step 4:
At this point I felt the roses needed a little more flair so I added jewels to dress them up!





Now all I have to do is put the beautiful Valentine photo of my daughter in the frame and our gift is ready to go!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

XOXOXO

Today I am linking up with the following blog parties, check them out and join the fun!



















Craft Couture

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute frame! I've been wanting to make some rosettes, but didn't know what to use them for! I found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm following you now. Come be my bloggy friend!

Melanie
www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Adorable frame! I wish that I was crafty!
Speaking of that, I did not make her outfit we brought it off Etsy from Sew Much Love designs, they also have a facebook! We have tons of Etsy stores that we LOVE! You can email me if you can't find them and I will get ya the links! Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day! =)

Diane said...

Enjoy these precious times with Ava because they grow up much too quickly! My daughter is now off at college and yet it seems like yesterday that she was Ava's age.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!

Debbiedoos said...

Cutie pie!!~ Gosh time flies by so fast, it was not long ago my boys were here age! Enjoy..and thanks for joining in! XO

Dominique @ Craft Couture said...

Cute frame. Thanks for linking up, hope to see you next Monday! btw, I love your blog background.

Post a Comment